After many weeks of strict lockdown, many families are gasping for the opportunity to make use of Dubai’s beautiful beaches and outdoor parks before it gets really hot.
And, while the latest announcement from the Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management allows the opening of public parks and private beaches, there will be some very strict enforcement of specific preventative measures.
In terms of public parks, gatherings must not exceed five people and the wearing of face masks is mandatory, even for children. Previous advice has been that if your child does not like to wear a face mask or you do not think it is safe for them then – for the safety of the community - you should not take them out.
Public beaches remain closed, but private hotel beaches are allowed to reopen to in-house guests only (no beach access can be bought), so you should be able to make use of them if you book in for a night or two at a local hotel.
However, stringent social distancing guidelines and other restrictions remain in place. Here are some of the main guidelines:
- A 2m distance between people and 4m clear distance between two groups of people must be maintained.
- Sun beds must leave at least 2m between you and the next person, even if you are in the same family.
- There should be at least a 4m distance between different groups of people on sun beds also.
- No more than 10 people in one group on the beach (can be family, friends or trainers etc).
- It is compulsory for everyone to wear face masks, including children.
- Showers and general toilet areas will be closed.
- Guests should bring their own belongings (towels, linens etc).
- Food and beverage is allowed, with the café, restaurant or kiosk following the necessary guidelines for the sector.
- Pools, kid’s clubs, children’s play areas and entertainment, spas and gyms are all to remain closed.
- Neither private parties nor public events are allowed.
The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management in Dubai stressed the need to continue following all precautionary and preventive measures outlined by authorities, both local and federal. Strictly adopting and observing these measures at all times is critical to enhance protection and support efforts to reduce the spread of the virus, it said.